Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer
How to Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance OfficerThis article describes in detail how to Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer with or without a Job offer. There are thousands of Ambulance Officers just like you emigrating to Canada next year. Find out how to join them. With the right Ambulance Officer skills, Canada Wants You!
Can I immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer?
If you’re looking to immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer you’re in luck! Ambulance Officers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer. If you are an Ambulance Officer and have been working as an Ambulance Officer you may qualify to immigrate to Canada.
Migrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer is 3234. This is also known as the NOC Code for a Paramedic.
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as an Ambulance Officer you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Ambulance Officers are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the demand for Ambulance Officers in Canada being so great they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In Demand List).
The code for Ambulance Officers on the NOC is 3234
This is great news for Ambulance Officers the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as an Ambulance Officer looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Ambulance Officers from all over the world are eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency providing they have the right skills, experience and qualifications in their home country.
Ambulance Officers looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 3234, might be employed under work titles including:
- advanced care paramedic
- advanced emergency medical assistant
- advanced life support attendant
- advanced life support co-ordinator
- advanced life support paramedic
- ambulance attendant
- ambulance attendant trainee
- ambulance attendants supervisor
- ambulance driver
- ambulance driver-attendant
- ambulance services field supervisor
- ambulance services supervisor
- ambulance services unit chief
- ambulance technician
- assistant paramedic
- chief ambulance attendant
- critical care paramedic
- drilling rig medic
- drilling rig medical technician
- drilling rig medical warden
- drilling rig medical worker
- emergency medical assistant
- emergency medical attendant (EMA)
- emergency medical technician – paramedic/advanced care paramedic (EMT – P/ACP)
- emergency medical technician – primary care paramedic (EMT – PCP)
- emergency medical technician (EMT)
- emergency medical technologist – paramedic (EMT-P)
- emergency paramedic
- infant transport attendant
- intermediate care paramedic
- medical assistant (paramedic)
- medical technician
- newborn emergency medical care technician
- newborn medical care technician
- paramedic emergency medical technician
- paramedic worker
- primary care paramedic
- registered emergency paramedic
- supervisor ambulance attendants
All these roles held by an Ambulance Officer are eligible to apply under this specific NOC category of 3234.
Skills and Tasks to Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer.
In general Ambulance Officers moving to Canada will be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following:
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
Workers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess extent of injuries or medical illnesses of trauma victims, patients with respiratory disease and stress, overdose and poisoning victims, industrial accident victims and other ill or injured individuals to determine emergency medical treatment
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care to patients such as oxygen therapy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), spinal immobilization, bandaging and splinting
- Establish and maintain intravenous treatment (IV), apply adjunctive equipment for ventilation and circulation complications, administer medications and provide other advanced emergency treatment to patients
- Transport patients by air, land or water to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care
- Collaborate with ambulance dispatch centres, hospital staff, police, firefighters and family members to ensure relevant information is collected and proper treatment is administered
- Document and record nature of injuries and illnesses and treatment provided
- Assist hospital personnel with provision of medical treatment, if necessary
- Maintain emergency care equipment and supplies
- May train and supervise other workers in this unit group
- May assist with triage of emergency patients.
Whilst the above is meant as a general guide do take our free online visa assessment for further information and be sure to list out your skills and qualifications in detail.
Emigrate Canada has a dedicated Health Industry Workers desk that only represents Health Industry Workers to immigrate to Canada. They understand your profession and can talk your language when it comes to explaining your immigration pathway and the route to securing a Canada Visa for you (and your family).
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer
- Completion of a one- to three-year college, hospital-based or other recognized Ambulance Officeral or emergency medical technology program is required.
- Licensing by a regulatory body is required in all provinces.
- Those operating emergency vehicles require an appropriate class of licence.
We represent Ambulance Officers from all over the World so regardless of your country of qualification feel free to contact us today for a full breakdown of your Canadian Immigration chances.
How to Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
CRS Points are awarded for (amongst other things)
Your partner’s skills
As well as providing you with important CRS points these f Ambulance Officers also count towards your overall Immigration Points score which must equal or exceed a total of 67
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Immigration as a result of your Express Entry application you’ll only have 60 days in which to lodge a formal application so under no circumstances should you lodge an Express Entry application ‘claiming’ to have certain points without first having all of your points verified through different testing, education equivalence certificates and skilled worker assessments.
Once you are invited to apply for your Canada Visa you cannot go back and have these things verified retrospectively, they must be done before you claim any points for them and given that your express entry profile is only valid for one year it makes sense to present the best possible case right from the start.
Before you lodge your express entry we will help you through the process of having your qualifications and certificates verified as required by immigration.
Can I immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer without a job offer?
The answer is a resounding yes, providing you have a reasonable total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
Technically there is no minimum CRS score required to submit an Ambulance Officer Canada Express Entry profile.
Of course securing a job offer (documented in the right way for immigration purposes i.e. LMT) will give you an instant CRS boost of 200 points so it makes sense to start this process as soon as is practical.
Ambulance Officer Jobs in Canada
Occupations on the Canada NOC list can be classed as being ‘in demand’ and the Ambulance Officer code 3234 has been firmly established on the list for many years with lots of opportunity right across the country.
As a qualified new and highly skilled Permanent resident of Canada, you may work full time from day one. Ambulance Officer Jobs in Canada are often better paid than in the UK, Europe and Asia and Canadian employment law respects the work-life balance. The industry body for Ambulance Officers is the Paramedic Association of Canada.
Emigrate Canada are the Health Industry Canada Visa specialists with a dedicated Health Industry Workers desk.
Emigrate Canada are ideally placed to take care of not just your immigration paperwork, but also to get you registered to work from day one.
Title: Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer
Ambulance Officer: Monty @ Emigrate Canada, Canadian Immigration Expert
Immigrate to Canada as an Ambulance Officer