Canada Salary Guide
The team at Emigrate Canada appreciates that many migrators would like to get an idea of what the salaries are like in Canada. Therefore, we have done the research so that you don’t have to! We have all the information you need in one place with our Canada Salary Guide.
Canada’s salaries are paid in Canadian dollars and vary depending on which state you work in and what employment sector you fall under.
The Canadian minimum wage varies, once again this is by province. Alberta has the lowest minimum wage in Canada at $9.95 an hour, Nunavut has the highest paid minimum wage at $11.00 an hour. Once you know which province you will reside in you will have a good idea of what salary to expect.
Take a look below and you will have a good guide on your potential salary earnings by area and occupation!
Yearly Canada salary guide by province
- Newfoundland & Labrador, $56,572
- New Brunswick, $47,044
- Nova Scotia, $46,992
- Prince Edward island, $48,184
- Quebec, $48,621
- Ontario, $53,088
- Manitoba, $47,760
- Saskatchewan, $55,792
- Alberta, $66,476
- British Columbia, $49,900
Yearly average salary by employment sector
- Mining, quarrying & oil/gas extraction, $119,844
- Utilities, $106,279
- Construction, $84,240
- Manufacturing, $64,256
- Retail, $35,136#
- Transport & Warehousing, $65,305
- Information & Cultural industries, $69,373
- Finance & Insurance, $69,011
- Real estate & Rental/Leasing, $60,226
- Professional, scientific & technical services, £80,310
- Educational services, $61,305
- Health care & social assistance, $54,863
- Arts, entertainment & recreation, $40,186
- Accommodation & food services, $24,656
Specialised physicians are the top earners in Canada with a yearly average salary of $450,000! Not to mention Judges, they also get a nice sum with an average annual salary of $290,000.
Other employments earn a pretty penny too!
- Senior managers for financial, communications & other businesses, $275,500
- Senior managers for goods production, utilities & construction, $245,000
- General practitioners & family physicians, $180,000
- Dentists, $195,000
- Lawyers, $185,000
- Actuaries, $165,000
- Engineering managers, $157,000
- Airline pilots, $148,000
We have even taken a sneak peek into how much the big boys in Canada earn! Check it out!
The Canadian Prime Mister earns $327,400 annually! Members of Parliament earn $167,700 yearly and the Governor General earns $270,602. Senators make $135,200 that’s not including their expenses.
We have found that people who have migrated to Canada have received a 10 to 25% increase on their average salary than in their home country. Canada has so much to offer especially on the salary side of things, so don’t hesitate in taking our ‘Free Visa Assessment’ and then have a free consultation with one of our Canadian experts! We can help make your dream become reality here at Emigrate Canada.
We don’t just facilitate immigration—we create opportunities. From individuals and small local businesses to the world’s largest corporations, we support all of your Canadian immigration needs, all over the world. And with us, it’s personal. We get to know you and your goals – and we guide you every step of the way. No matter where you’ve come from, or where in Canada you’re going, Emigrate Canada is here to drive your Immigration forward.
Please remember that our Canada salary guide is updated twice yearly.