Canada Express Entry Visa system explained.
Canada has taken some great steps forwards with their Immigration system and has updated their visa application system to one that works better for both Skilled Migrants, Employers and the Canadian Economy.
Express Entry does not replace the traditional Canada Visa programs namely the Federal Skilled Worker Visa, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class Visas although it is a way of ‘applying’ for these visas types.
Individual states and provinces in Canada will also be able to call applicants forward through the Provincial Nominee Program.
Essentially Express Entry means that those displaying the best skills and the presenting the very best application will be granted their Canadian Visa quicker whereas previously Immigration worked on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Our Canadian Immigration experts are Express Entry experts and best placed to assist you throughout the process, ensuring that all stages are completed to the very highest Global standards.
Creating an Express Entry Profile
- Once you’ve read these instructions follow the links at the bottom of this page to Canada Immigration.
- Fill in the online form
- Take your English or French language test (if you haven’t already)
- Have your education verified with WES or equivalent
- Register with Job Bank Canada
- If you’re a Skilled Tradesperson apply for Red Seal Challenge
- If you’re a regulated Professional apply for the local Canadian equivalent registration and regulation.
- Start applying for Jobs in Canada
- Make sure you’re doing everything possible to Immigrate to Canada without a Job Offer
- Work to increase your English or French language skills results
It is important that you do not submit an Express Entry profile before having your paperwork or skills verified according to your underlying Canada Visa program.
The team at Emigrate Canada have a 100% success rate with many Skills and Occupations at verification stage so you can rest assured that you’re in the very safest hands.
To recap then on our Express Entry Application
– Ensure that you satisfy all the requirements of your underlying visa program before creating your Express Entry profile.
– Complete your Express Entry profile. This profile is valid for 12 months.
– At this stage you will need to register with the Canadian Job bank unless of course you already have an existing valid job offer or Provincial Nomination.
– You are awarded points based on what is called the Comprehensive Ranking System and based on the total score (and the total score of other applicants) you will be invited to apply.
– Congratulations! At this point you have 60 days to complete and submit the formal element of your application and the Canadian Immigration Department have given undertakings to process these within six months.
Express Entry benefit of having a valid job offer?
Having a valid job offer is by no means a mandatory step in the process; Visa applicants are routinely invited forward for Permanent Residency based entirely on the strength’s of their skills.
When your Skills end Education has been verified we do however recommend that you start the job search in earnest for two reasons:
1. It gives a significant boost to your Express Entry Profile and in many cases guarantees your Invitation to Apply
2. Very few Skilled migrants have the luxury of being able to take a ‘year out’ when Emigrating to Canada; We find that most clients prefer to have a great role organized before they leave their current country.
To find out more and your eligibility take our free online assessment today
Or head over to Canada Immigration and start your profile now