Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Police OfficerThis article describes in detail how to Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer with or without a Job offer. There are thousands of Police Officers just like you emigrating to Canada next year. Find out how to join them. With the right Policing skills, Canada Wants You!
Can I immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer?
If you’re looking to immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer you’re in luck! Police Officers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer. If you are a Law Enforcement Officer and have been working as a Police Officer you may qualify to immigrate to Canada.
Migrate to Canada as a Police Officer
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as a Police Officer is 4311. This is also known as the NOC Code for a Police Officer.
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as a Police Officer, you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Police Officers are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the demand for Police Officers in Canada being so great they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In-Demand List).
The code for Police Officers on the NOC is 4311
This is great news for Police Officers the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as a Police Officer looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Police Officers from all over the world are eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency providing they have the right skills, experience and qualifications in their home country.
Police Officers looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 4311, might be employed under work titles including:
- bodyguard – police
- Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) investigator
- canine-team member – police
- community police officer
- community relations officer – police
- community services officer – police
- counterfeit and forgery section detective
- crime prevention constable
- crime scene technician – police
- desk officer – police
- detective – police
- divisional diving supervisor – police
- dog master – police
- drug investigator – police
- education relations officer – policing
- ethnic relations officer – police
- evidence technician – police
- harbour police officer
- harbour police sergeant
- harbour policeman/woman
- headquarters duty officer – police
- highway patrol officer
- highway patrolman/woman
- identification officer – police
- investigator – police
- morality officer – police
- motorcycle patrolman/woman – police
- mounted police constable
- mounted policeman/woman
- narcotics squad detective
- patrol officer – police
- peace officer
- plain-clothes officer
- police cadet
- police constable
- police corporal
- police diver
- police diver – salvage
- police investigator
- police officer
- police sergeant
- railway guard – police
- railway investigator – police
- railway police constable
- railway police officer
- railway special agent – police
- recruitment and training officer – police
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officer
- safety patrol officer – police
- school liaison officer – police
- school safety officer – police
- scuba diver – police
- scuba-diving specialist – police
- secret service officer
- security constable – police
- security officer – police
- staff sergeant – police
- station duty officer – police
- station officer – police
- traffic patrol officer
- vice squad detective
All these roles held by a Police Officer are eligible to apply under this specific NOC category of 4311.
Skills and Tasks to Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer.
In general Police Officers moving to Canada will be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following:
Police Officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Patrol assigned areas to maintain public safety and order and to enforce laws and regulations
- Investigate crimes and accidents, execute search warrants, secure evidence, interview witnesses, compile notes and reports and provide testimony in courts of law
- Apprehend and arrest criminal suspects
- Provide emergency assistance to victims of accidents, crimes and natural disasters
- Participate in crime prevention, public information and safety programs
- May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other police officers.
Whilst the above is meant as a general guide do take our free online visa assessment for further information and be sure to list out your skills and qualifications in detail.
Emigrate Canada has a dedicated Police Industry Workers desk that only represents Police Industry Workers to immigrate to Canada. They understand your profession and can talk your language when it comes to explaining your immigration pathway and the route to securing a Canada Visa for you (and your family).
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or university degree in law and security or in the social sciences is usually required.
- A three- to six-month police training program is required.
- Physical agility, strength, fitness and vision requirements must be met, and psychological or other tests are also required.
- Experience as a constable and the completion of specialized courses are required for detectives and sergeants.
- Specialized training or certification may be required for certain areas of policing.
We represent Police Officers from all over the World so regardless of your country of qualification feel free to contact us today for a full breakdown of your Canadian Immigration chances.
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
CRS Points are awarded for (amongst other things)
Your partner’s skills
As well as providing you with important CRS points these factors also count towards your overall Immigration Points score which must equal or exceed a total of 67
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Immigration as a result of your Express Entry application you’ll only have 60 days in which to lodge a formal application so under no circumstances should you lodge an Express Entry application ‘claiming’ to have certain points without first having all of your points verified through different testing, education equivalence certificates and skilled worker assessments.
Once you are invited to apply for your Canada Visa you cannot go back and have these things verified retrospectively, they must be done before you claim any points for them and given that your express entry profile is only valid for one year it makes sense to present the best possible case right from the start.
Before you lodge your express entry we will help you through the process of having your qualifications and certificates verified as required by immigration.
Can I immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer without a job offer?
The answer is a resounding yes, providing you have a reasonable total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
Technically there is no minimum CRS score required to submit a Police Officer Canada Express Entry profile.
Of course, securing a job offer (documented in the right way for immigration purposes i.e. LMT) will give you an instant CRS boost of 200 points so it makes sense to start this process as soon as is practical.
Police Officer Jobs in Canada
Occupations on the Canada NOC list can be classed as being ‘in demand’ and the Police Officer code 4311 has been firmly established on the list for many years with lots of opportunity right across the country.
As a qualified new and highly skilled Permanent resident of Canada, you may work full time from day one. Police Officer Jobs in Canada are often better paid than in the UK, Europe and Asia and Canadian employment law respects the work-life balance. The industry body for Police Officers is the Canadian Police Association.
Emigrate Canada are the Police Industry Canada Visa specialists with a dedicated Police Industry Workers desk.
Emigrate Canada are ideally placed to take care of not just your immigration paperwork, but also to get you registered to work from day one.
Title: Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer
Author: Monty @ Emigrate Canada, Canadian Immigration Expert
Immigrate to Canada as a Police Officer