Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager
How to Immigrate to Canada as an Investment ManagerThis article describes in detail how to Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager with or without a Job offer. There are thousands of Investment Managers just like you emigrating to Canada next year. Find out how to join them. With the right Investment Manager skills, Canada Wants You!
Can I immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager?
If you’re looking to immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager you’re in luck! Investment Managers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer. If you are an Investment Manager and have been working as an Investment Manager you may qualify to immigrate to Canada.
Migrate to Canada as an Investment Manager
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager is 0122. This is also known as the NOC Code for Bank Managers.
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as an Investment Manager you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Investment Managers are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the demand for Investment Managers in Canada being so great they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In Demand List).
The code for Investment Managers on the NOC is 0122
This is great news for Investment Managers the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as an Investment Manager looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Investment Managers from all over the world are eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency providing they have the right skills, experience and qualifications in their home country.
Investment Managers looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 0122, might be employed under work titles including:
- accounts manager – banking, credit and investment
- area manager – banking, credit and investment
- assistant branch manager – banking, credit and investment
- assistant consumer credit manager
- assistant corporate banking services manager
- assistant credit manager
- assistant operations manager – banking, credit and investment
- assistant regional manager – banking
- bank branch manager
- bank director
- Investment Manager
- banking accounts manager
- banking operations manager
- branch administrative manager – banking, credit and investment
- branch manager – banking, credit and investment
- collection centre manager
- collection manager
- collection manager – bank or trust company
- commercial attaché
- commercial banking manager
- commercial mortgages accounts manager
- commercial mortgages manager
- consumer credit management trainee
- consumer credit services manager trainee
- corporate accounts manager – banking, credit and investment
- corporate banking centre manager
- corporate services manager – banking, credit and investment
- corporate trust services manager
- credit and accounts manager
- credit and collection department manager
- credit and collection manager
- credit approval and market development manager
- credit area co-ordinator
- credit card centre manager
- credit card company operations manager
- credit manager
- credit union manager
- financial services manager
- international banking manager
- investment manager – bank or trust company
- investment manager – banking, credit and investment
- loan and credit manager – banking or trust company
- loans manager
- loans manager trainee
- mortgage and consumer credit manager
- mortgage manager
- operations manager – banking, credit and investment
- personal services manager – banking, credit and investment
- personal trust manager
- regional Investment Manager
- regional collection manager
- regional credit manager
- senior accounts manager – banking, credit and investment
- senior manager – personal financial services
- trust company branch manager
- trust company investment manager
- trust company manager
All these roles held by an Investment Manager are eligible to apply under this specific NOC category of 0122.
Skills and Tasks to Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager.
In general Investment Managers moving to Canada will be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following:
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
Investment Managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of a bank, trust company, credit union or similar financial institution or of a department in such an institution responsible for administering personal and commercial loans, buying and selling securities, operating investment funds, administering trusts, settling estates or other related activities
- Ensure the institution’s policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
- Network to develop business relations, promote the sale of loan, investment and other banking services and attract corporate and individual customers
- Interview corporate and individual customers and respond to customer enquiries
- Analyze, review and approve or reject loan and credit applications in accordance with authorized limits
- Monitor processing of loan applications and credit investigations
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
- Recruit personnel and identify their training needs.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a credit department in an industrial or commercial organization
- Administer corporate, commercial and personal loan accounts
- Advise customers on the commercial and personal financial services corresponding to their needs
- Evaluate and review loan and credit applications and collateral and make recommendations
- Approve or reject credit applications, establish credit limits and determine repayment plans or schedules in accordance with authorized limits
- Ensure collection of overdue or delinquent accounts
- Ensure credit policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and applicable legislation
- Prepare credit and loan reports
- Recruit credit personnel and identify their training needs.
Whilst the above is meant as a general guide do take our free online visa assessment for further information and be sure to list out your skills and qualifications in detail.
Emigrate Canada has a dedicated Banking Industry Workers desk that only represents Banking Industry Workers to immigrate to Canada. They understand your profession and can talk your language when it comes to explaining your immigration pathway and the route to securing a Canada Visa for you (and your family).
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, economics or a related field is usually required.
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance or management science may be required for the management of large commercial loans.
- Completion of company or other management training programs is usually required.
- Several years of experience within the industry, including supervisory experience, are required.
How to Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
CRS Points are awarded for (amongst other things)
Your partner’s skills
As well as providing you with important CRS points these for Investment Managers also count towards your overall Immigration Points score which must equal or exceed a total of 67
Take our free online visa assessment for an up to date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Immigration as a result of your Express Entry application you’ll only have 60 days in which to lodge a formal application so under no circumstances should you lodge an Express Entry application ‘claiming’ to have certain points without first having all of your points verified through different testing, education equivalence certificates and skilled worker assessments.
Once you are invited to apply for your Canada Visa you cannot go back and have these things verified retrospectively, they must be done before you claim any points for them and given that your express entry profile is only valid for one year it makes sense to present the best possible case right from the start.
Before you lodge your express entry we will help you through the process of having your qualifications and certificates verified as required by immigration.
Can I immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager without a job offer?
The answer is a resounding yes, providing you have a reasonable total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
Technically there is no minimum CRS score required to submit an Investment Manager Canada Express Entry profile.
Of course securing a job offer (documented in the right way for immigration purposes i.e. LMT) will give you an instant CRS boost of 200 points so it makes sense to start this process as soon as is practical.
Investment Manager Jobs in Canada
Occupations on the Canada NOC list can be classed as being ‘in demand’ and the Investment Manager code 0122 has been firmly established on the list for many years with lots of opportunity right across the country.
As a qualified new and highly skilled Permanent resident of Canada you may work full time from day one. Investment Manager Jobs in Canada are often better paid than in the UK, Europe and Asia and Canadian employment law respects the work life balance. The industry body for Investment Managers is the Canadian Association of Investment Managers.
Emigrate Canada are the Banking Industry Canada Visa specialists with a dedicated Banking Industry Workers desk.
Emigrate Canada are ideally placed to take care of not just your immigration paperwork, but also to get you registered to work from day one.
Title: Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager
Investment Manager: Monty @ Emigrate Canada, Canadian Immigration Expert
Immigrate to Canada as an Investment Manager